Editing Text Highlights
Once you've made a highlight, you can edit the text of its title to a custom title, and change the color of a highlight.
NOTE: with DM 2.1, you can also copy and past text from document to document and preserve highlights and links as well.
Changing the text of a Highlight Title:
1. Open the link window of a highlight by clicking on the highlight
2. Double click on the text of the title to select it
3. Type in new text to customize the title
4. Wait a beat for the new title to save
5. Close the highlight window by clicking on the "x" icon in the right of the window.
Changing the color of a Text Highlight:
1. Click on the "Select Highlight" tool in the Text Editing menu bar
2. With that tool enabled, click on the highlight you wish to change to select it.
3. With the highlight selected, choose a different color in the color palette to change the color.
4. Click on the "Select Highlight" tool again to disable highlight selection.
Click on the "Select Highlight" tool in the Text Editing menu bar (as above)
With that tool enabled, click on the highlight you wish to change to select it.
With the highlight selected, click the trash-can shaped “Remove Highlight” button on the right-hand side of the toolbar at the top of the document window. Note: in v. 2.1, use the "..." icon to access additional editing features, including the "delete highlight" trashcan.
Click on the "Select Highlight" tool again to disable highlight selection
Or, you may also select the highlight you'd like to delete and then use the delete key function on your keyboard to erase the highlighted text.
Or, you may also select the text highlight you'd like to delete, use the text copy function on your keyboard, and then simply use the "paste without formatting" function to replace the highlighted text with the plain unhighlighted text—effectively stripping the highlight formatting.
You will be asked to confirm the highlight deletion.
Deleting Annotations and Links from a Highlight:
Click to select a highlight to open its highlight window.
Click the “x” button on the right-hand side of the title of the annotation or link you’d like to delete from the highlight.